This counselling approach is based on the Gottman’s Bringing Baby Home workshop. It is designed for expectant couples, new parents and expectant or new single parents with an involved support person.
Even the strongest relationships are strained during the transition to parenthood, with or without the added stressors of postpartum depression, anxiety, or a colicky infant. It is common to feel exhausted, experience intense emotions, and deal with significant life and family stressors during this exciting and challenging time. Parent’s abilities to cope impact their ability to nurture their relationship as a couple, and their ability to be the best parents they can be.
Based on over 35 years of relationship research and led by Lisa, a certified Bringing Baby Home™ educator, parents will learn skills to strengthen their relationship and foster baby’s development during this challenging and wonderful time. In a relaxed and supportive environment, this counselling approach addresses many of the common concerns and experiences of new parents. Couples will have access to research-based insight to help them navigate this transition while safeguarding their relationship and becoming the best parenting team possible.
This may be great fit for you, if:
- You are nervous about how your marriage might change with the addition of a new baby.
- You are worried about how you will feel and cope after baby is born.
- You have a history of anxiety or depression.
- You would like to learn how to stay connected to your partner after bringing baby home.
- You would like to learn how to grow a strong connection with your infant.
- You would like to learn how to co-parent.
- You would like to learn how to read your new infant’s cues and how to engage with your newborn as a couple.
Upcoming Workshops: TBA
For a group workshop instead of individualized couples counselling, organize your own group of 5 couples and attend the seminar for FREE. Contact Lisa for details.
Bringing Baby Home™ is based on an educational workshop designed by Drs. John and Julie Gottman.